Late Fall after curing, in storage through winter
Store in a cool dark place for about a month. The refrigerator is too cold, so the countertop is likely a better option. Don't wash until just before you use them.
To freeze, wash thoroughly and leave skins on. Halve and roast in 425 F oven until just tender, 20-30 minutes. Either mash or slice; pack and freeze.
- Scrub well before cooking.
- The skin is edible so you don't have to peel them.
- Bake sweet potatoes whole at 350° until soft when pricked with a fork. Split open and add a pat of butter.
- Slice sweet potatoes into chunks and toss with olive oil, thyme, salt, and pepper. Roast at 350° for about 45 minutes. Add chunks of potatoes and carrots for a winter root bake.
- Chop sweet potatoes into very small cubes. Heat butter in a sauté pan and add sweet potatoes. Add cinnamon and ginger and sauté until soft and tender. Serve with rice.
- Sweet potatoes go well with butter, cinnamon, orange, ginger, brown sugar, maple syrup, pecans, and walnuts.
Root 5 Farm Sweet Potato Recipes
Sweet Potato & Kale Pizza
Oven Baked Sweet Potato Fries
Sweet Potato and Sausage Soup
Vegetarian Black Bean and Sweet Potato Soup
Sweet Potato and Coconut Soup
Lime Cilantro Sweet Potatoes