Purple kohlrabi is available early summer through early fall. Our larger green kohlrabi is a cool weather storage crop and is best in the fall and it will store through the winter.
Trim the leaves off, and store separately in a plastic bag. Kohlrabi can be refrigerated in your crisper drawer for several weeks.
- Kohlrabi may be one of the more intimidating items in your CSA box, but it offers a delightful combination of familiar tastes. It’s got the texture of a radish, the sweetness of a winter carrot, and the flavor of broccoli.
- Along with other cruciferous vegetables like broccoli and cabbage, kohlrabi is member of the brassica family and is packed with vitamin C and potassium.
- It's best to peel or slice off the tougher outer skin of Kohlrabi.
- Kohlrabi is frequently used raw in salad or slaws.
- One simple way to serve kohlrabi is sliced raw alongside cheese and crackers for a quick snack or appetizer. Slice up kohlrabi and carrot sticks raw for a snack, kids love 'em!
- Kohlrabi can also be chopped into chunks and roasted or sautéed.
- Kohlrabi leaves are edible and can be used interchangeably with collard greens and kale.
- How to cut up Kohlrabi
5 tasty ways to prepare Kohlrabi
Vegetarian Spring Rolls with Kohlrabi
Kohlrabi Home Fries
Kohlrabi & Turnip Slaw
Kohlrabi & Apple Slaw
Grated Kohlrabi, Carrot, Radish Salad
Sautéed Kohlrabi with Onions & Cream
Roasted Kohlrabi and Butternut
Kohlrabi with Cilantro & Nuts